A Beauty Date with Steven Sunny & Watsons.
Attended a hi-tea event at New Chapter by Owl Cafe the other day, organized by Watsons Malaysia. It was a beauty date with Steven Sunny, featuring new and exclusive online beauty products from Watsons.
Oh stop it, you. (˘v˘· )¬
Look at all these beauties! Can't wait to try them all! *drools*
Steven was going to use the products provided to demonstrate.
Here are some key takeouts from the session (just those which can be understood through text):
- For better coverage, apply concealer using your finger by dabbing it on, and not swiping it around.
- Apply blush in a circular motion.
- When filling in brows, smudge the parts near the nose down towards the nose bridge slightly to contour.
- Always curl lashes before applying mascara, as curling after applying might damage the lashes if the mascara has fibres in it.
- For stubborn lashes, heat up the lash curler slightly (with a lighter or something) before curling - for that perming effect.
- Apply mascara in a zig-zag motion.
- If you're using a lip ink which comes with an applicator (like Peri Ink), you can control the amount better by using your finger to transfer the product from a spatula/applicator to your lips. This will create a subtle look suitable for daily wear.
Steven and the two ladies he demonstrated on.
With coussie Rachel. I was wearing a little of Peri Ink.
We were served food after the workshop, and I must highlight this waffle. It was so so souu good! Earl Grey ice-cream some more, my favorite!
So that was the event. Now it's time to review and test the products on my own. There are a couple that I really wanted to try. Alright, let's begin the rollcall!
The super adorable Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush! Look at the heart shapes! How can you not love? The name is not just for show, this product might really put a smile on your face as it is infused with Happy Boost Blend which features Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins. Sounds so canggih right, maybe I'll smile more often now :) Also, you might not be able to tell from the photo, but it has a mirror and brush inside + it smells so good!
Kate Powdery mousse BB. Similar to BB cream, only it's in mousse form which magically turns into powder and firmly adheres to skin.
Bourjois City radiance foundation. It is the first anti-pollution + skin care foundation, and has anti-grey formula with brightening effect. And of course, SPF 30 with PA+++.
Bourjois City radiance concealer. What I find interesting about this is that it uses water from the glaciers of Mont Blanc and hyaluronic acid to provide 24-hour hydration.
- Maybelline Barbie mascara. Gives the fluffiest volume and extreme length thanks to its buildable and weightless properties. It contains Arginine serum for lash care too. Though it's not entirely waterproof (easy removal with warm water), it's smudgeproof.
- Maybelline Power Black liner. If you think the previous Hypersharp liner (the yellow/gold capped one) was black, this is even more so - really intense blackness! The 0.5mm precise tip feels rather similar to the yellow/gold one when used.
Kate Designing Eyebrow. Three shades for shading the eyebrow and nose bridge, or you can use it for face shading as well.
Kate Forming Edge Eyes. The lightest shade is for highlight, which is often applied onto the inner corners of the eyes. The medium shade is for the entire eyelid, especially the centre. The darkest shade is for the creases of the eyelids and outer corners. But of course, with the tagline "No More Rules", feel free to use it anyhow you like. Kate is well-known for its strong pigments so you don't have to worry about looking all washed out.
Peripera Peri's Ink. Does this need further introduction? The widely-adored lip ink which is super pigmented and stays put for the longest time. You can go for low intensity using the method mentioned earlier in this post (don't apply it directly). If you're into the Korean tinted gradient lip look, this ink will make your life easier.
That's all for the product intro. I'm now going to show the before after for a few products, namely the Maybelline Power Black liner, Maybelline Barbie mascara, Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush and Peripera Peri's Ink.
Face set using own concealer, eyebrow pencil and Casio portrait effect.
Drew a simple liner with the Maybelline Power Black liner.
Pretty pleased with the outcome. For liquid liners, I usually have the problem of getting them super close to the lash line. But you can see in the photo above that there's no gap between the line and lash!
Tested the Maybelline Barbie mascara next. I know I said to curl your lashes before applying mascara, but I couldn't even find my lash curler so I skipped that entirely.
Still look rather good! Suddenly my eyes are now prominent and.... fluffy?
And now, on to the adorable Physicians Formula Happy Booster blush. I feel like I can just omnomnomnom it.
Circular motion circular motion!
Do I look happier now?
Finishing touch, Peripera Peri's Ink. Since I tried the subtle lip look during the event, this time I went for a fuller lip look by outlining the upper lip clearly. Love the outcome and the long-lastingness!
You guys can now easily purchase beauty products online, on www.watsons.com.my, in addition to the many other products sold there. Some products and brands are EXCLUSIVE to Watsons and Watsons online store only! Go see for yourself.
Thanks again, Watsons Malaysia for providing this opportunity and experience.